- Swachh Bharat Mission has become a people’s movement with people from all walks of life participating with full vigour.
- The objectives of Swachh Bharat Mission are to reduce or eliminate open defecation through the construction of individual, cluster and community toilets.
- The Swachh Bharat mission will also make an initiative of establishing an accountable mechanism of monitoring latrine use.
Also Read: Electoral Bonds: All you need to know
Mann ki Baat
- In a first of its kind, the Prime Minister talks directly to the citizens on the last Sunday of every month through radio.
- This is a unique dialogue from the head of the government with the people.
- Millions of people listen to the programme and participate and offer their suggestions.
- The platform – MyGov – presents an opportunity to the citizens to both ‘Discuss’ and ‘Do.’ It has been implemented as a unique path breaking initiative which encourages citizens as well as people abroad to participate in multiple theme-based discussions.
- Any idea shared by a contributor will also be discussed on these discussion forums, allowing constructive feedback and interaction.
- It aims to connect citizens and Government towards meeting the goal of good governance.
Also Read: 7th Pay Commission- All you need to know
- The suggestions received are compiled and channeled properly.
- Crowdsourcing of ideas, designs, and slogans for many schemes have been received through this platform.
- For those who wish to go beyond discussions and wish to contribute on the ground, MyGov offers several avenues to do so. Citizens can volunteer for various tasks and submit their entries. These tasks would then be reviewed by other members and experts. Once approved, these tasks can be shared by those who complete the task and by other members on MyGov. Every approved task would earn credit points for completing the task.
Read in Hindi: अभूतपूर्व सार्वजनिक लोक भागीदारी के साथ नए भारत का निर्माण
- The platform has been divided into various groups namely Clean Ganga, Girl Child Education, Clean India, Skilled India, Digital India, Job Creation. Each group consists of online and on ground tasks that can be taken up by the contributors. The objective of each group is to bring about a qualitative change in that sphere through people’s participation.
- The virtual community has become very popular with about 42 lakh registered users.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC), Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) implements and manage the platform which facilitates Citizen Engagement in Good Governance.
Note: Want to share this story with someone? Just click on the icons below.