- Govt. took a revolutionary step in the form of demonetization where entire nation came together to uproot the cancer of corruption, black money, and terrorism. By it Govt. dared to take a strong step for the nation without even bothering about political fallouts & electoral implications. This resolute move has paved the way to cleanse the system and get rid of corruption.
- Benami Property Act notified after three decades, blocking a major avenue for generation and holding of black money in the form of Benami property.
- Tax Treaties with countries like Cyprus, Mauritius, and Singapore have been amended to plug the loopholes that had earlier resulted in round tripping of black money through these routes.
Read in Hindi: मोदी सरकार के तीन साल: सरकार के कुछ बोल्ड फैसले
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) was amended to allow confiscation of property equivalent in value of black money stashed abroad.
- “The Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015“ enacted specifically to deal with black money stashed abroad.
- In a major blow to cronyism and corruption, Union Government conducted a very successful and transparent auction for Coal, Spectrum and natural resources, thus undoing the damage of the past and also setting an example for the future.
Untangling Long Pending Issues
- Union Govt. delivers OROP for the ex-servicemen, fulfilling a 4-decade old demand. Rs. 6,500 crore have been disbursed to nearly 20 lakh ex-servicemen.
- Land Boundary Agreement with Bangladesh, pending for a long time, finally accomplished.
- The implementation of new budget has begun from the beginning of financial year April 1st instead of the previous usual of June 1st.
- GST which was in the work for years is now a reality, leading to “one nation, one tax” and “one-nation, one-market” is a great example of “cooperative federalism“.
Securing our nation, restoring its pride
- In a historic move, Indian Army conducted surgical strikes at several terrorist launch pads. India also managed to win favor globally for this move as a result of its diplomatic moves.
- Operation conducted across the border in Myanmar too against terrorists.
- In a big diplomatic victory, India became the first country from the region to enter Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR). The membership is expected to ease the access to high technology for India’s space programme.
Declassification of Netaji Papers
- The long-standing public demand was addressed when the government declassified files of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- About 300 files are in the public domain, which will allow researchers and the general public to know more about one of the tallest leaders of our freedom movement.