Jammu & Kashmir State came under Governor’s rule on 20th June, 2018. Since then the Government of Jammu & Kashmir took several significant steps to provide its people better quality of life. Such initiatives were part of ‘Mission Good Governance’. The focus of these initiatives was on economic, development, welfare and governance front. These initiatives target on every section of society, mainly on poor, employees, traders, industrialists, farmers, women and youth.
Few salient features of the Mission Good Governance were-
- Successfully conducting The Panchayat and Urban Local bodies election.
- Decentralization of powers and ensuring local community participation in the execution and monitoring of the development process.
- Extending the facilities of higher education to the uncovered areas.
- Approving 102 new Degree colleges and upgrading 230 schools to the next level.
- Sanctioning Rs. 288 crore for up-gradation of existing stadiums and creating sports infrastructure.
- For completion of languishing projects The state government set up The Jammu and Kashmir Infrastructural Finance Corporation (JKIDFC) to raise funds of Rs. 8000 crore.
- Through the JKIDFC 2206 projects are being funded.
- To curb corruption Anti Corruption Bureau has been set up. Other anti graft bodies have also been strengthened. has
- The Prime Minister’s Development Package of Rs. 80000 crore fast tracked.
- Monitoring of 19 departments entrusted to Panchayats. Implementation of schemes like MGNREGA, Social forestry and Mid Day meal devolved to Panchayats.
- Rs. 366 Crore under 14th Finance Commission released directly to 4483 Panchayats.
- The Jammu Kashmir Government has announced honorarium of Rs. 2500 and Rs. 1000 per month for Sarpanches and Panches respectively.
- 4183 Gram sabhas has been held for preparation of the Gram Panchayat Development plans.
- As a major initiative towards Good Governance under Mission Good Governance , over 50 laws passed during Governor’s rule.
- To expedite development Projects Land transfer powers delegated to Divisional Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners.
- To ensure outcome based redressal of public grievances, Governor’s Grievance Cell and District Grievance Cells established.
- Jammu Kashmir Commercial Courts Act 2018 enacted for speedy trial of Commercial disputes.