- Climbed 16 spots to 39th rank in WEF’s Global Competitiveness Index – highest leap
by any country.
- Climbed 12 spots to 40th rank in WEF’s Global Travel & Tourism Competitiveness List.
- Climbed 15 spots to 66th rank in Global Innovation Index 2016.
- Climbed 21 spots to 87th rank in WEF’s Global Gender Gap Index.
- Climbed 19 spots to 35th rank in World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index 2016.
- Improved Ranking in Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index 2016.
- Climbed to 8TH RANK on FDI Confidence Index.
Also Read: How does the monsoon affect the economy?
New India’s Notable Golden Indicators: An Economic Powerhouse
Sweet Spot: Surge in all 6 Golden Indicators
- Highest FDI ever
- High GDP growth rate (>7%)
- Fiscal deficit under control
- Rupee exchange rate under control
- Low inflation – around 4% now. It was 11% in 2014
- CAD down from 4% in 2014 to 0.7 % in April-December 2016-17 contributing to record level of foreign exchange reserves.
- India, now the world’s most attractive investment destination.
- Make In India is a globally acclaimed brand.
Yoga Goes Global
- Yoga inscribed in the list of intangible cultural heritage of Humanity in the UNESCO.
- Entire world celebrates International Day of Yoga on 21st June with great enthusiasm.
- PM has met over 100 plus world leaders.
Also Read:Vienna Convention & Montreal Protocol
Sampark & Samvad across the world
- In a span of three years, Sampark & Samvad have become the defining mantra of India’s global engagements.
- First bilateral visit of an Indian PM to Nepal after 17 years.
- First standalone bilateral visit of an Indian PM to Sri Lanka in 28 years.
- First bilateral visit of an Indian PM to the UAE after 32 years.
- First standalone visit of an Indian PM to Canada after 42 years.
- First ever visit by a US President as the Chief Guest for Republic Day.
- First ever visit by UAE leadership as Chief Guest for Republic Day.
- First India-Arab Ministerial meeting under the framework of cooperation with League of Arab States.
- Formation of Forum for Cooperation with Pacific Island Nations.
- First ever collective engagement with all African nations in IAFS-III.
- ISRO’s PSLV-C37 set a World Record by successfully launching 104 satellites in a single flight, out of which 101 co-passenger satellites carried were international customer satellites from USA (96), Netherlands (1), Switzerland (1), Israel (1), Kazakhstan (1) and UAE (1).
- With the successful launch of IRNSS-1G, India joined the elite list of countries with their own satellite navigation system.
- NavIC, an independent regional navigation satellite system has been designed to provide position information within the Indian region and 1500 km around the Indian mainland.
- International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an initiative by India in which 121 Solar Rich
countries, lying fully or partially between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn, have come together to work for efficient utilization of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
Also Read: Oil spill impacts and solutions in Hindi
Hosting India Africa Forum Summit (IAFS)
- In a biggest diplomatic outreach to upscale and transform the multi-faceted Indian- Africa partnership, New Delhi hosted the Third IAFS, between 26 and 29 October 2015. The summit saw the participation of 41 African heads of state and government representatives.
- India has improved its ranking remarkably by 12 places to rank 40, on the World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index 2017. e-Tourist Visa has been introduced for 161 countries in 24 airports and 3 ports. This has resulted in a surge in Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs), which has increased, from 76.8 lakh tourists in 2014 to 88.9 lakh tourists in 2016.
India Handloom Brand
- Khadi has been popularized and has become a craze among people of all age groups. Khadi sales have gone up tremendously in the past 3 years, thanks to Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself spearheading the promotion of Khadi.
- KVIC products surpass 50,000 crore sales, helping lakhs of handloom weavers
across the country.
Note: Want to share this story with someone? Just click on the icons below.