Transparent Policies, Transformative Outcomes
- The Mines auctioned so far have given benefit to 11 states of Rs.6,682 crore
through District Mineral Fund. These funds are to be utilized for tribal area
and concerned rural area development.
- Direct Benefit Transfer has been rolled out for 92 schemes resulting in overall
savings of Rs. 49,560 crores. Bank Transfers of Rs.1.5 lakh crore done directly to 32
- Eliminating interview process for class 3 & 4 jobs has drastically reduced
corruption. Appointments happening strictly on basis of merit.
- Environmental Approvals were a time-consuming process with huge cost
overruns. The normal environmental/ forest approvals during the previous
regime used to take 600 days which has been brought down to 180 days. To
ensure transparency and convenience, Ministry of Environment has made online application mandatory for all clearances.
Read in Hindi: मोदी सरकार के तीन साल: पारदर्शी नीतियां और उत्तरदायी निवारण
Protecting each Indian, in every part of the world
- During 2014, 1,100 persons from Ukraine, 3,750 from Libya and 7,200 from Iraq were evacuated.
- During 2015, 6,710 persons (4,748 Indians) from Yemen and during 2016, 153 Indians from South Sudan were evacuated.
Helping out citizens in the toughest of conditions
- Be it drought or flood, farmer distress or an accident, the government has always been quick to come to the help of citizens of every part of the country.
- Over 150 wagons were pressed into service through the rail route & more than 6 crore litre water transported to drought-hit Maharashtra.
- Allocation under SDRF, which was Rs.33,580.93 crore for the 5-year period
(2010-11 to 2014-15) has been enhanced by more than 80% to Rs.61,220 crore for the 5-year period (2015-16 to 2019-20).
- Earlier, farmers were eligible for assistance towards input subsidy for crop loss of 50% and above, which is now available for crop loss of 33% and above.
Empowerment & Opportunity for All
- Reservation for Divyangjans increased from 3% to 4% in Government jobs.
- Over 6 lakh Divyangsjans have so far benefitted from 4,700 special assistance
camps organized across the country since May 2014.
- Coverage of types of disabilities has been increased from existing 7 to 21.
- Speech and Language Disability and Specific Learning Disability have been
added for the first time.
- The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015 provides for the establishment of exclusive special courts for the speedy trial of offences of atrocities against the members of SCs & STs.
- In line with the government’s principle of according highest priority to the social justice of the Vanchit and Shoshit, National OBC Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes is being accorded constitutional status.
- Government fast-tracked the implementation of the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006. About 52 lakh individual and community titles have been distributed in the last three years. There has also been a marked increase in the extent of forest land from roughly 32 lakh hectares to 55 lakh hectares in the same time period.
- Many ministries have been consistently hailed for swiftly redressing public
grievances through the use of technology.
- Be it on social media or through Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS), a new example has been set in addressing people’s grievances.
Working to ensure a greener future
- Consumption of kerosene for lighting and cooking purposes in rural areas, dropped by a sharp 21% in 2016-17 from a year ago to 5.3 million tonnes, aided by greater use of cleaner LPG for cooking and coverage of more villages under the rural electrification programme.
- In the same period, consumption of LPG jumped 9.8% to 21.5 million tons.
- Target to achieve 175GW of power production from renewable sources by 2022.
- Forest cover increased and afforestation along highways and Ganga to be carried out.
- 23.4 crores efficient LED bulbs distributed replacing incandescent lights, leading to huge electricity saving of about Rs. 12,000 crore per year.