BASICS OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (Read In Hindi)
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- It is a part of computer science that deals with intelligent behaviour i.e. making machines think like humans.
- Machine should be able to learn.
- It should be able to adapt to the environment in which it is functioning.
- It should be able to take decisions on its own.
Who is an Intelligent Agent (IA)?
- It is a general term for various kinds of intelligent applications.
- It is a software that can assist people and act on their behalf.
- It is a computer software which has an ability to sense and act depending upon the environment to achieve the desired goal.
- It can solve problems.
- It can function on a real-time basis.
- It can analyse success, failures, errors etc.
- It can interact with the environment.
- It can handle a large volume of data.
What do you mean by an Expert System?
- An Expert System is a computer program that is an expert in one single field with expertise matching that of a human brain.
- It can solve complete problems related to a specific subject.
What is Strong Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- When a machine has strong artificial intelligence, it can function like a human brain.
- It can undertake intelligent tasks.
- It can exceed human ability.
- But it is still a hypothetical concept.
What is Weak Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- When a machine has weak artificial intelligence, it can think in specific areas only.
- It cannot match the human brain.
- Though it can perform faster than the human mind but final decision-making cannot exceed human ability.
- Because of computing power, weak AI has been improving in quality.
- An example: In a computer program playing chess, the moves are previously fed into the computer by a human.
The Blue Brain Project
- The project started in the year 2005.
- It is an attempt to reverse-engineer the human brain and recreate it at the cellular level inside a computer simulation.
- The goal of the project is to gain a complete understanding of the brain and to enable better and faster development of brain disease treatments.
- The project has been undertaken by the Brain and Mind Institute in Switzerland.
Multi-Agent System (M.A.S.)
- It is a computerised system which consists of multiple software intelligent agents of various kinds.
- These agents can interact with each other.
- Problems that cannot be solved by a single agent can be solved by an M.A.S.
The Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IICAI)
- The conference is held every two years as an ideal platform for people to share views and experiences in AI and related areas.
- The goal of the conference is to promote research and developmental activities in AI and related fields in India and the rest of the world.
- Another aim is to promote scientific information interchange between AI researchers, developers, engineers, students and practitioners working in India and abroad.