- Measurement means the comparison of an unknown quantity with a fixed quantity called a unit.
Standard Units of Measurement
- In 1790, the french created a standard unit of measurement called the metric system.
- For the sake of uniformity, scientists all over the world have accepted a set of standard units of measurement.
- The system of units now used is known as the International System of Units (SI units).
- The SI unit of length is metre.
- 1m = 100 cm
- 1cm = 10 mm
- 1 Km = 1000 m
Types of Motion
- Motion is a change in the position of an object with time.
- Motion along a straight line is called Rectilinear Motion.
- In a Circular Motion, an object moves such that its distance from a fixed pint remains the same.
- Periodic Motion is when an object repeats its motion after a fixed interval of time.
Read More: Chapter 9