- Sagarmala: An ambitious plan for integrated development of all maritime- related activities. 415 projects with an investment of approx Rs. 8 lakh crore identified.
- Inland waterways promoted as a cheaper, alternate means of transport. 106 new waterways declared National Waterways.
- Bullet Train: Japan to partner with India to build the 1st bullet train from Mumbai to Ahmedabad.
- Unprecedented pace in building national highways & rural roads.
- Metro Rail Projects have been speeded up with an investment of Rs.41,571 crore. The government has approved six new metro projects (Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Lucknow, Chennai, Pune & NCR (Faridabad).
- The UDAN initiative aims at:
- Connectivity to un-served and underserved regions.
- The revival of existing airstrips and airports.
- For 50% of seats in ﬂights for under 1 hr duration (500 km), fares capped at Rs.2,500.
NavIC (Navigation Indian Constellation)
- 60 proposals to build new age infrastructure.
- Investment planned of Rs. 1.33 lakh crore.
- Nearing completion of 150 Projects in 20 Cities worth Rs. 1, 600 crores.
Digital India, Developed India
- Under Bharat Net, rapid growth in Optical Fibre Network connectivity to villages.
- 1,70,000 Kms laid in 3 years reaching 77,831 Gram Panchayats.
- 358 Kms of Optical Fibre Lines in the period 2004 – 14.
- Massive rise in the volume of digital transactions.
- No of transactions shoot up 3 times, from 96 lakh/day on 2014 to 3.5 crore/ day in March-2017.
- Digital innovations: BHIM app, based on UPI, launched.
- BHIM enormously popular with more than 2.2 crore downloads.
- Growth in Mobile Phone Manufacturing: 72 new mobile phone manufacturing units have come up in last two years. Manufacturing of mobile phones which was only 6 crore units in 2014-15 reached 11 crore units in 2015-16 and around 17.5 crore units in 2016-17.
- Investment in Electronic Manufacturing: Total of 233 investments proposals amounting to Rs. 1,43,824 crore (by 15th May, 2017) have been received under M-SIPS compared to investment proposals worth only Rs. 11,198 crore in May 2014.
Note: Want to share this story with someone? Just click on the icons below.