- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type).
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview)
The Written Exam consists of the following papers
- Paper-1: General English—300 Marks
The candidates will be required to write an essay in English. Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Passages will usually be set for summary or precis.
2. Paper-2: General Knowledge—300 Marks
It includes knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of a nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study.
3. Paper-3: Optional Subject 1
4. Paper-4: Optional Subject 1
5. Paper-5: Optional Subject 2
6. Paper-6: Optional Subject 2
Any two subjects can be selected as optional subjects from the list below.
Each optional subject will have two papers carrying 200 marks each.
Mains: Total 1400 Marks
Total Time: 3 hours each
List of optional subjects:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Note: 1&2; 1&3; 1&8; 5&6; 10&13- These combination of subjects cannot be taken.
Of the Engineering subjects, only one of them can be taken.
- Interview or Personality Test: 300 Marks