Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com has become the first 100 billion dollar man with a whopping net worth of $127.8 billion.
According to ‘Forbes Real Time Billionaire Ranking’, Jeff Bezos has topped the list dethroning Bill Gates who has a net worth of $90.1 billion. Gates has been on the top of the list for 18 times in the last 24 years.
Bezos’ success story
Jeff Bezos, the 54 year old e-commerce king, started Amazon.com in 1994 with three computers and a few employees. He left his lush job at Wall Street as the youngest senior Vice President, soon after he realized the potentiality of internet among the people. In 1994, he observed that the usage of internet had increased to 2300% in a year.
His vision and enthusiasm was the driving force that has made Amazon a $600 billion company today.
Few facts about Bezos
- During his teens, he worked as a fry cook at Mc Donald’s.
- After his college, he turned down jobs from Intel, Bell Labs and Andersen Consultings to join a start up called FITEL.
- Founded in 1994 as a virtual book selling store, Bezos opened Amazon office in his garage with tables made out of doors.
- Jeff Bezos first named it Cadbara.com but later decided to name it Amazon.
- In the first month of its business, it sold books in 50 states and 45 international locations.
- In 2013, Jeff purchased ‘The Washington Post ‘, sealing the deal wo $250 millions in cash.
- Bezos is a father of 3 boys and a daughter who he adopted from China.
Amazon is currently operating in 13 countries. After China closed its doors for Amazon, Jeff wants to acquire substantial market of 1.3 billion people in India.